How to Lose Weight With Lemons
Lemon is appreciated for its innumerable therapeutic applications. Drinking hot water by adding fresh lemon juice is a touted remedy for losing weight.But, is there any clinical proof that supports the claim? What are the benefits of drinking lemon water? The advantages of taking hot lemon water are flaunting youthful skin, maintaining healthy digestion, reducing bowel problems, fighting of infections, detoxifying body and many more, which we will discuss in detail.
Benefits of Drinking Hot Lemon Water
When talked about the ingredients, both hot water and lemon juice contain no calories and provide several health benefits. Together they form a healthy concoction, which is suited for everyone. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, B vitamins, proteins, minerals, flavonoids and other essential nutrients. A powerful antioxidant, juice of lemon works great in fighting infections and treating inflammations. The major health benefits of hot lemon water are highlighted below.
1. Drink warm water with lemon in the morning. The Daily Mail UK suggests adding the juice of one lemon to a glass of water. This drink improves the digestive system, preventing you from feeling bloated. When you’re bloated, you weigh more due to the water retained in your body. Warm water with lemon can flush out this bloated feeling. In place of drinking plain water, you can add a few drops of lemon to your morning tea.
2. Create your own lemonade. Simply Recipes suggests a low-sugar recipe for lemonade: Heat 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water over low heat. Transfer this to a pitcher, and add 1 cup of lemon juice. Lastly, add 3 to 4 cups of water, depending on your taste preference. Alternatively, if you don’t want to add sugar at all, you may replace it with honey. While there are ready-to-drink beverages available in stores, it is better to create your own lemonade. Store-bought drinks are loaded with sugar and other artificial flavorings. By creating your own lemonade, you can control how much sugar you’re putting in your drink. A satisfying glass of lemonade can help you feel full longer, which will lessen your food intake.
3. Add a few drops of lemon to your favorite dishes and soups. Chef Jamie Oliver suggests serving lemon wedges on the side of a fish dish that contains salt. Lemon acts as a neutralizer to salt, so whenever you encounter a salty dish, try to add a few lemon drops. This will not only make your dish taste less salty, it will also make it flavorful. A flavorful, satisfying meal satiates your hunger more quickly and enables you to eat less.
4. Sip lemon water throughout the day. To make lemon water, cut one or two lemons in thin slices, and add them to a pitcher of water. Lemon water has no calories. Lemon is a cleansing agent, and by adding a few slices of lemon to your daily beverage, it helps clean out your system and also helps you fight diseases. Feeling healthy will help you eat well.
5. Eat lemon cake for dessert. Opting for lemon cake can help you cut back on sugar, since it is less sweet than its chocolate counterparts. It is better to allow yourself a small dessert instead of depriving yourself, which can make you binge later.