How to Apply Makeup for Women Over 40
Around the age of 40, women experience significant changes in the skin on their faces and necks. The natural aging process becomes more noticeable in some areas of the face. Gentle creases began to appear around the eyes and mouth, and skin folds at the cheeks begin to sag a little as skin loses its ability to retain the moisture that keeps everything plumped up. Mature women can’t just toss on some color and go: they need to apply makeup differently. If you are 40 and over, here are some tips that will help you look younger when applying makeup.
Tips for Staying Beautiful After 40
Apart from taking care of skin and hair, one should be more conscious of one’s diet, and engage in regular exercises to control body weight. After 40 all these problems are more likely to grip a woman because she prepares herself for menopause. Thus, a little bit of care proves beneficial to keep up your appearance and look younger and fresh.
- It’s natural to be concerned about the appearance of your face because it’s the first thing that creates an impression upon others. If you have developed mild wrinkles, then it’s time to apply face masks everyday. Make a paste of fuller’s earth with almond oil. Apply this pack all over your face and let it dry. Rinse with cold milk followed by water.
- Keeping your skin moisturized is the sole way to get back its natural sheen. Apply fresh cream on your face before going to bed. Leave it overnight and wash with cold water the next day. You can also massage your skin and neck with pulp of coconut mixed with olive oil. This would be a great home remedy to cure dry skin problems.
- If you can manage time to visit salons and spas, then do not miss any opportunity to get yourself pampered. Go for aromatherapy sessions and other types of complete body care sessions. You can also prepare a concoction of herbal essential oils like sandalwood oil, sunflower oil, rosemary oil, etc. Massage every part of your body with this oil before taking bath. Moisturize yourself with body lotions after taking bath.
- Apply a good quality sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. Wear glares and carry umbrella for offering maximum protection to your skin. After returning home, cover your face with a cool mixture of sandalwood paste and compress your eyes with fresh cucumber slices. This would help you to get rid of the tan and remove puffiness under eyes.
- A quick beauty tip for women over 40 also suggests going for regular pedicure and manicure. Soak your feet in warm saline water and scrub your feet and hands mildly with a pumice stone. Shape your nails and file it properly. Pedicure and manicure is essential to retain the feminine appeal in hands and feet. Apply enamel protection gel before coating with nail polish.
- Your makeup should be relevant with the occasion you are attending. A bold makeup when blended well with matte finish foundation and lip sticks suit evening parties while neutral makeup is much preferred during informal get together and daytime parties. You must always opt for light reflecting foundation to look more natural. Highlight your eyes with black kohl and mascara. Avoid flashy shades for eyes.
- Hairstyles for women over 40 are ample and you must pick up a style that suits your personality. Women engaged actively in corporate sector opt for short bob hairstyle to look chic and trendy. If you have long hair, you can style it in many different ways that suit you as well as the occasion. No matter what your hairstyle is, you must take care of it. Oil your hair thrice a week followed by rinsing it with a good brand of shampoo. Do not forget to apply a conditioner if your hair is dry.
- Choose clothing that complements your personality. Don’t dress too young. It is wise not to go with the trend, rather choose dresses that flatter your body and make you look fresh.